Thursday, December 6, 2012

Just a Quick Update

So, just in case anyone is wondering - I am delighted to tell you that the rumors are indeed true! I am going to Nicaragua on a mission trip this summer. I am going short-term (well, relatively short) first to see if I could commit to longer. I am also going with a group of 12 wonderful people who are such a blessing to my life. What we will mostly be doing is working for the 24/7 intercession/worship movement to spread and burn in the country and just loving on people, spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ (to Whom be all the glory) to those who need Him the most.
And yes, I definitely am THAT crazy.

Of course, none of it is completely certain yet. We never know what is ACTUALLY going to happen. There are often so many unexpected twists and turns and since we have no idea what the actual Big Picture is all about, all we can really do is pray, be still, and know He is God. I am not obsessing over it, and I know that whatever the outcome may be, my job is not to fret but glorify Him. I have no clue what the future holds, but I am very blessed to be assured WHO holds the future.

With all this in mind, I would really appreciate some prayers. Please pray for that:

1. That I would actually be still and know He is God. That I would just live in the present moment and do all I can to be grateful to Him for what I have NOW. That I would not worry too much about what is going to or not going to take place in the future and just enjoy my life here and now, squeezing as much as I can out of every opportunity.
2. That I would manage to raise more money for the trip. I do have a sufficient amount for all my traveling (including the visa or the permit to say, my plane tickets, and stuff like that), and to cover living expenses for several months as well as help the ministry somewhat, but... well, there is such thing as emergencies and simply that 'there is never too much money'. I have a part time job at the moment (well, I guess you can't call that exactly a job, but still) and am applying for a grant for former exchange students soon so these are probably some good opportunities. Please pray I stay faithful to the Lord with my money by gving and tithing and that I just commit everything I have to him.
3. This is probably the most important point. Please pray that no matter what holds the future and no matter how many more opportunities come along, I seek the Lord's face above all else. Please pray that whether I am in the middle of the driest season of my faith or gleaming with excitement and enthusiam I continue to seek God. That I remember He is always there and remains who He is no matter where in life I am. That I would just delight in His promises and long to hear His voice over the voice of my own desires.
I think this list could go on and on, but you get the point. Please pray. It is very needed at this point!!!

I hope everyone is fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment